Help me ID this zoa ;)

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know someone knows what these beauts are…
92639386-ED18-429B-8B05-0B03FD9894B8.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Looks like orange oxide or fire and ice under the blues

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There’s several snitch strains out there but two defining characteristics are 1) same colored skirt and mouth and 2) the center isn’t solid and is the same color as the median.

Over the years I’ve seen assorted (yellow mouth, blue median, red skirt) zoas similar to the OP’s pic but I don’t know them to have a widely recognized name.

@CoralStop and I both have a strain circulating in our area that was sold to him as ‘orange sunburst’ and to me as ‘peaches and crème.’ A Google image search leads me to believe the first name is more widely recognized.

Here’s a pic of mine for reference.

6C6E411B-0148-4C7A-A2A9-CBBDFEDC8AD5.png

Reef Alchemy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s the closest thing I’ve seen so far.
There are several color morphs of Snitch Zoas out there. Check out the Snitch Zoas from New York Reef Aquatic. Their picture of their Snitches seem to be a dead-on match. I have personally ordered zoas from them several times in the past with no problems at all (I am not affiliated with them at all).

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
There are several color morphs of Snitch Zoas out there. Check out the Snitch Zoas from New York Reef Aquatic. Their picture of their Snitches seem to be a dead-on match. I have personally ordered zoas from them several times in the past with no problems at all (I am not affiliated with them at all).

It’s not even morphs, there’s more than a few wholly unique strains that get call snitches but those all have the same characteristics. Hence, like fire and ice snitches are a bucket strain.

Nothing against NYRA (and I noticed they redid their site recently) but what they have labeled as snitches bear none of the distinguishing characteristics that make snitch’s snitches. What they have there is more similar to a crèamesicle or if you’re stretching a Gatorade.

*I do obviously see the similarity between those and the OP’s pic, as well as some differences.

Last edited:

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 90 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back