HELP ME ! My chalices is dying .

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alan600
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alan600

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2014
Messages
275
Reaction score
7
Location
Las Vegas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

So I got this chalice a week ago and all the sudden it started dying . What can I do to make it come back
 
Get her in a lower lighted area and low flow and see how see's doing I would cut off all the dead skeleton there could be toxins in the skeleton,plus it takes less energy for the coral to build new skeletor.
 
Okay I will try that thank you . Do you know why it started dying ? do you think it's cuz it hi flow and lighting ?
 
Yes that exactly why. chalice do not acclimate well to high light. they will recede and die quick if they aren't use to it. shade and low flow. Once its there don't touch it. Moving stresses it too.
 
Okay I see . I'm not very experience chalice . The only reason I have it's because it was givin to me as a gift . Now I know for the future . Thanks a lot .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new