Help me pick a good fish for my reef

strange33w

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2012
Messages
677
Reaction score
383
Location
Sanford
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I am looking for a good fish to add to my tank. Currently the only fish in my 165 is a diamond goby so I am looking to add a good community fish that will be more out in the open and won’t bother clams and inverts that I plan to add down the road. I already have my tang choices picked out so please none of those. Looking for a fish that adds something cool and different be it personality or a unique character. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
 
I agree with skinz, look at a trio of Bartlett Anthias. Very easy fish and they stay active and colorful.

Flasher wrasse or one of the Halichoeres family are nice and quiet fish.
 
blue/green chromis very friendly fish and doesnt bother new additions
 
lizard blenny, flasher wrasse, a peaceful tang. you could go with just about anything
 
I'm all about wrasses. They are active and beautiful. A Bellus angelfish would be nice too. I love mine.
 
Ya I really like the Anthias but have never kept them. How easy are they to care for overall. I am away in Afghanistan and my wife is keeping up with the tank so the fish I add need to be easy to care for and not too picky of an eater.
 
There are also a few different choices of Chromis that would work, Blue Green Chromis have 3 of these guys in my tank very active and friendly fish any time I am around the tank they are right there looking for food. Live Aquaria has some other Chromis also of different colorations that are a peaceful fish and are reef safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new