Help me pick out my last corals!

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

I have room for about 3-4 more corals in my IM 20 peninsula tank and plan on getting them through the TSA live sale tomorrow and am looking for suggestions on corals I don't already have. I think I'd like to try my hand on some beginner SPS as I've had my tank set up for almost 8 months and have had some pretty good success with all of my softies and LSP so far. My lighting setup is 2 orbit marine LEDs and the space available for coral is near the top, so I think I could support some SPS that isn't too light demanding. My current coral stock list is below:

LPS:
Blue tip cristata
Aussie Pipe Organ
Cherry red gonipora
2 duncans
Ice dragon & fire favites
Toxic candycane
Hammer
2 acans
Blasto

Softies:
Kelly Green Pssamy
Green fuzzy mushroom
Candy corn cloves
Green star polyps
2 rhodactis mushrooms
2 ricordea mushrooms
Assorted zoas

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say neon green bird's nest, Montipora Digitata, montipora Capricornis (make sure has plenty of room), and maybe a Catus coral(Pavona). Good Luck!!
Thanks for the suggestions! I've been looking into birds nest and love the shelf look of the capricornis but I'm a little unsure on placement of it. Haven't thought of the pavona, but think it might be a winner!

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have a lot of green, I would go with a Pink bird's nest.
You're definitely right, my largest coral is a pinkish duncan though... I'll probably have to make a game time decision between the green and pink.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red planet can handle lower light. It has been around for a long time and is hardy. Also you could try green slimer. Very hardy also.

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever kept montipora capricornis on the back glass/wall? I would think that would look really cool if it could encrust properly, my gsp is currently attached to my back wall and growing pretty well.

OP
OP
mjleffler

mjleffler

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red planet can handle lower light. It has been around for a long time and is hardy. Also you could try green slimer. Very hardy also.
Really like the look of red planet! Just scared to keep any type of acropora haha

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back