Help me pick the last few fish for my 75!

MDReefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, working on my final few fish choices (see build thread here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...75-gallon-new-build-canister-filtered.989646/ ).

Current stock list is:

Neon Goby
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Tailspot Blenny
Chalk bass

I have a CB Ocellaris Clown on the way, and am trying to nail down the plan for the next few additions. Originally had planned on a 11-12 fish system, but that just seems a bit much, and want to scale it back. I figure I have 3-4 solid unclaimed locations in the tank fish can sleep in but don't know I even need to fill it up that much.

With the clown I will have 6 fish, and I figure 9 is my max, but 8 would be ok. So 2-3 more fish.

Options I'm thinking of:

Banggai cardinal
Exquisite wrasse
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Pink Streak Wrasse
Single Anthias
Tomini Tang (my only must have)
Some sort of bottom goby

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks MD Reefer

K9Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, working on my final few fish choices (see build thread here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...75-gallon-new-build-canister-filtered.989646/ ).

Current stock list is:

Neon Goby
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Tailspot Blenny
Chalk bass

I have a CB Ocellaris Clown on the way, and am trying to nail down the plan for the next few additions. Originally had planned on a 11-12 fish system, but that just seems a bit much, and want to scale it back. I figure I have 3-4 solid unclaimed locations in the tank fish can sleep in but don't know I even need to fill it up that much.

With the clown I will have 6 fish, and I figure 9 is my max, but 8 would be ok. So 2-3 more fish.

Options I'm thinking of:

Banggai cardinal
Exquisite wrasse
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Pink Streak Wrasse
Single Anthias
Some sort of bottom goby

Thanks MD Reefer
Bella Sleeper Goby

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused, is Tomini a must have or just an option?

YWG, another clown, and the tang for algae control.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't go wrong with a fang tooth blenny for a top swimmer

Attachments

• 16419477855661164139111619192637_96647305026880.jpg
    16419477855661164139111619192637_96647305026880.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 25

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
M

MDReefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused, is Tomini a must have or just an option?

YWG, another clown, and the tang for algae control.
Must have I think. But I guess they’re all options. I set up the 75 cause I’ve never had a tang and it seems he’s one of the only options!

OP
OP
M

MDReefguy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75 and at some point I had 17 fish so you can do a bit more with proper filtration. All mostly on small side so ok for bioload and enough rock spaces to hide for all. At some point I did a list with some descriptions, maybe gives you some ideas. I am biased for a possum wrasse though, love that fish. Here is the old list

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/cvs-75g-noobie-tank-and-now-upgrade-to-240g.440927/post-7889722
Really cool tank. And lots of fish!

J&K Reefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current stock list is:

Neon Goby
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Tailspot Blenny
Chalk bass

Options I'm thinking of:

Banggai cardinal
Exquisite wrasse
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Pink Streak Wrasse
Single Anthias
Some sort of bottom goby

Thanks MD Reefer
Bella goby in s my choice also as I have just purchased one myself.
Tomini will be perfect
Melanurus Wrasse is my choice along with a cleaner
Lyre tail anthias are beautiful, but get 3 and one will become male

JM302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current stock list is:

Neon Goby
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Tailspot Blenny
Chalk bass

Options I'm thinking of:

Banggai cardinal
Exquisite wrasse
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Pink Streak Wrasse
Single Anthias
Some sort of bottom goby

Thanks MD Reefer
All of that combined is maybe slightly more than I currently have in my 75 and I can't keep nutrients in the tank. I think you're shorting yourself thinking only 8-9 fish. I am biased though, I love love love a tank with a lot of fish.

My current stock list is:

Yellow Tang
White tail Bristle tooth Tang
(2) Pajama Cardinals
(2) Fire fish
Melanurus Wrasse
Diamond Goby
(2) Clowns
Royal Gramma
Starry Blenny
Some Cleaner shrimp

If I wasn't in the process of upgrading to my 170 - I'd still add a select fish or two to the 75 - likely an angel. I have a Avast Plank and it feeds for 1 minute every hour. As long as you have good gas exchange in the tank and you can manage the nutrients (chaeto for the win) - let 'er rip. Just my 2 cents.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current stock list is:

Neon Goby
Firefish
Royal Gramma
Tailspot Blenny
Chalk bass

Options I'm thinking of:

Banggai cardinal
Exquisite wrasse
Coral Beauty
Flame Angel
Pink Streak Wrasse
Single Anthias
Some sort of bottom goby

Thanks MD Reefer
Dont do the anthias. They cant be kept alone, causes too much stress and they stop eating, they are schooling fish for sure

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont do the anthias. They cant be kept alone, causes too much stress and they stop eating, they are schooling fish for sure
11-12 is doable if you do the right fish combos. I have 16 in my 70, mostly nano and small fish aside from my dwarf lionfish, marine betta, maroon clowns and the engineer goby! These fish are all fat and healthy too and nutrients isnt an issue

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back