Possible stock list for waterbox 90.3

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
I'm currently working on building out a waterbox marine x 90.3. And I've been researching some stocking options and was looking for some feedback.

My plan would be once cycled adding 2 Clowns and some cardinals(3?). Then some cleanup crew after some food has built up. After a month or so add the firefish and engineer goby and some corals. Then after a few months of the tank running with everything doing well and a healthy adding a wrasse or 2 if possible . After a while and I know my copepods are sustainable adding a Mandarin goby.

I'm looking to do soft corals and lps only. looking for feedback on if these fish are compatible and if the fish I have in my plan are too many for my tank. Any tips for the wrasses if I can keep them. Any other suggestions please let me know.

Fish:
-Mandarin goby
-Engineer goby
-Wrasse(melinarus, yellow, red line, pink streak, possum)maybe 2
-Clowns 2
-Benhji or pajama cardinals 2-3
-Fire fish
-Neon dotty back?
-Lawnmower or midas blenny?

Clean up crew:
-Nassarius
-Conch
-Emerald crabs
-Astrea and/or Mexican turbo
-Stars?
-Cleaner shrimp?
-Urchins?

ReeferHD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that list should work fine, keep in mind engineer gobies can be a pain when fully grown, they are territorial and they'll burrow everywhere.

3 cardinals might also fight, usually best to get a pair or singular, but its not always the case.

OP
OP
Pobwelos

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that list should work fine, keep in mind engineer gobies can be a pain when fully grown, they are territorial and they'll burrow everywhere.

3 cardinals might also fight, usually best to get a pair or singular, but its not always the case.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely only do 2 cardinals then.
Would the goby cause an issue for corals on the sand bed then? Or would they stick more towards under the rock work? Would you have any recommendations for replacement options?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love engineers! This is Squirt. In my opinion I dont think they are as bad as people make them out to be. Just dont have corals that need to be placed on the sand bed and secure your rocks. Put the base rock on the glass then put sand, not the base rock on top of the sand.

Attachments

• 5C300793-2236-4E8E-8FC5-ABCB0C198CFB.jpeg
    5C300793-2236-4E8E-8FC5-ABCB0C198CFB.jpeg
    241.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 3D3A3669-02B0-484F-940E-2D93FC7F6799.jpeg
    3D3A3669-02B0-484F-940E-2D93FC7F6799.jpeg
    181.5 KB · Views: 61
OP
OP
Pobwelos

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love engineers! This is Squirt. In my opinion I dont think they are as bad as people make them out to be. Just dont have corals that need to be placed on the sand bed and secure your rocks. Put the base rock on the glass then put sand, not the base rock on top of the sand.
They are so cool looking, How long have you had him? Do they come out or do they hide more?

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are so cool looking, How long have you had him? Do they come out or do they hide more?
Ive had her over a year. Fast grower, she was about a centimeter when I got her, hence her name! She does a mix of both being out and hiding. I see her out more than I dont actually! She isnt aggressive at all. Got in one spat with one of my eels and that was it. She shares the tunnels and caves she makes with both of them now. I love her, shes one of my favorite fish! I notice when they are growing and small they hide in their tunnels more. As shes gotten older she likes to float near her tunnel and sleep it it at night

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good, however most halichores wrasses will hunt pods that your mandarin will want as well. Just keep that in mind when choosing wrasses as to not decimate the pod poplation :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Pobwelos

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had her over a year. Fast grower, she was about a centimeter when I got her, hence her name! She does a mix of both being out and hiding. I see her out more than I dont actually! She isnt aggressive at all. Got in one spat with one of my eels and that was it. She shares the tunnels and caves she makes with both of them now. I love her, shes one of my favorite fish! I notice when they are growing and small they hide in their tunnels more. As shes gotten older she likes to float near her tunnel and sleep it it at night
Thanks for the information! She sounds like a fun fish to watch.

OP
OP
Pobwelos

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good, however most halichores wrasses will hunt pods that your mandarin will want as well. Just keep that in mind when choosing wrasses as to not decimate the pod poplation :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Would there be to much competition for pods that it would it be best to not keep a Mandarin and halichore together, or is that just something where if a get a halichore I just need to make sure there is still a plethora of pods before i get a mandarin?

_cpate3_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would there be to much competition for pods that it would it be best to not keep a Mandarin and halichore together, or is that just something where if a get a halichore I just need to make sure there is still a plethora of pods before i get a mandarin?
That depends on how hungry the wrasse is feeling haha! But in all honesty add the wrasse first, check your pod population. If it’s not going down after a while then I’d say your probably good to add the mandarin as long as you keep watching!

OP
OP
Pobwelos

Pobwelos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That depends on how hungry the wrasse is feeling haha! But in all honesty add the wrasse first, check your pod population. If it’s not going down after a while then I’d say your probably good to add the mandarin as long as you keep watching!
Sounds good! Thank you for your response and information I appreciate it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back