OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My misbars lay eggs regularly also but this last time it look like a small gold ball I. The belly of the female right before she laid eggs which I was worried but two days later she was fine and there were a new set of eggs so I guess it was her being pregnant. Yours look more like the entire fish is bloated rather then just in the stomachs area like mine were but hope it is only her pregnant
I hope this is from her been pregnant!

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if she is constipated. Has she pooped lately? I would try adding some cooked peeled peas with her food. It would help with constipation

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious if she is constipated. Has she pooped lately? I would try adding some cooked peeled peas with her food. It would help with constipation
Cooked peeled peas? Human food;Woot
How do I prepare this? Just boil the peas?
Can the other fishes eat as well? This will not harm them?

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can technically cook then let cool and peel, some just peel and feed. It's perfectly fine for fish... it's like a fish laxative. It will not hurt any of the fish...I like mashing mine up and just adding to normal food.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can technically cook then let cool and peel, some just peel and feed. It's perfectly fine for fish... it's like a fish laxative. It will not hurt any of the fish...I like mashing mine up and just adding to normal food.
Good to know! I will get some tomorrow. Hopefully she will eat it

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Raw peas, not cooked. Mash the raw peas and feed. This is good for swim blatter and and may work

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

^^ This would be my guess as well. I don't think this is because she's pregnant or constipated. Read below (taken from article above):
It sounds like your tank underwent an acute gas supersaturation event. Gas supersaturation can occur any time the pressure of dissolved gases in water becomes higher than atmospheric pressure.

When fish breathe this supersaturated water, the dissolved gases may leave the bloodstream and form air emboli (bubbles): gas bubble disease. These emboli occur in a variety of tissues, ranging from the eye to gills, along with internal organs such as the heart and swim bladder. In acute supersaturation, you may also see emboli in the gill lamellae, opercula and around the mouth. Additionally, ‘silver lines’ (which are actually long gas bubbles) may be visible between the fin rays.

The clinical signs of gas bubble disease include abnormal buoyancy (which you’ve noticed already), caused by excessive gas in the swim bladder; abnormal protrusion of the eyes, or exophthalmia (the swollen eyes you mention), and often sudden death (your massive die-off), due to an embolus in the animal’s heart.

OP
OP
renato120

renato120

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She looks very sick today! I think she will dir in a few hours
What can I di to help Her?
0E5EC025-1C5E-40D2-9264-7397130CEBF7.jpeg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 151 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.8%
Back