Help me please!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No just instant ocean salt mix

I've been using IO Reef Crystals for over 10 years as it is fortified with the elements necessary for corals to thrive. Instant Ocean salt mix is more for fish only tanks.

Also, consider Red Sea Pro salt.

Jet915

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To increase nutrients u need to feed your fish more or get more fish. It looks like you are using api tests which are ok for some parameters but horrible for phosphate and alk.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in the pic you have a peppermint shrimp . After the The big water change you did was it alright? Usually they would be first to bite the dust if you did a big water change and the Parms swung

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see in the pic you have a peppermint shrimp . After the The big water change you did was it alright? Usually they would be first to bite the dust if you did a big water change and the Parms swung
It’s still alive. Parameters basically have been the same only thing is calcium dropped by 20 from 400 to 380 everything else has been the same

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s still alive. Parameters basically have been the same only thing is calcium dropped by 20 from 400 to 380 everything else has been the same
Test kit can easily be off by 20ppm over calcium either direction

I recently had some random recession on a couple LPS. Everything else in the tank is fine even other frags of the same species. Only thing I can speculate was that I dropped my po4 to 0

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now that I think about it, that's only a 20 point drop. On the hobby level, you could pretty much call that "no change".

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that I think about it, that's only a 20 point drop. On the hobby level, you could pretty much call that "no change".
It’s a very strange situation cuz everything has been fine for a while and my acans are just receding basically to nothing it looks like they been chopped but it’s also happened before n they came back but it’s more severe this time. I order phytoplankton to feed them. I tried feeding mysis but no reaction. Also my torches receeded a bit too idk something strange is happening

OP
OP
Armani

Armani

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a very strange situation cuz everything has been fine for a while and my acans are just receding basically to nothing it looks like they been chopped but it’s also happened before n they came back but it’s more severe this time. I order phytoplankton to feed them. I tried feeding mysis but no reaction. Also my torches receeded a bit too idk something strange is happening
Also to add to this. I did have nitrates at around 20-30ppm but that’s now removed but again this has happened before and I haven’t seen a reaction like this before.

MyReefRobbedMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also to add to this. I did have nitrates at around 20-30ppm but that’s now removed but again this has happened before and I haven’t seen a reaction like this before.

Most deaths with corals is from Phosphates and Nitrates . Start there

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 21.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back