Help me with LPS Tank

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've got 4 tanks up and running; 2 SPS, 1 nem only & I want the 4th to be LPS. I don't know that much about them. Do I need to set-up a doser for the typical Alk, Cal, Mag like an SPS tank? Do I keep the parameters basically the same as SPS? I have less flow here, but I'd know that much else. Do they like some nutrients (NO3 & PO4)? Etc.

Any help would be great.

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I will add ,, SPS Corals love light ,, no big deal there ,, give them light, everyone is happy :)

What you need to know about LPS corals ,, Par is a big deal ,, they all like different amounts of light ,, spend your time researching this ,, so you can place the corals you will be getting where they want to be ,, putting your hands on a Par meter and testing your tank so that you will know what your Par numbers are all over the tank ,, its would be well worth your time doing ,, keeping you Mag at the right spot ,, is a big deal for Chalices also ,, lots of people really don't test that number much ,,

OP
OP
B

BantyRooster97

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know! I almost never test Mag. Our local forum has a PAR meter I can borrow, I'll def look into that. I have 1 XR15 G4 on my Reefer 170. What kind of PAR range do most LSP like? I figured it was going to be less than my SPS. @Braves Fan

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all different ,, its not just the Par number ,, its the LED color you are putting into the tank also ,, I am not good enough to guide you thru the corals and tell you what kind of settings ,, I know what I do ,, but would feel better with one of the Pros giving you advice on this ,, Example ,, Acans will do alright at the lower end of light settings for SPS Corals ,, but to much white will fade out their colors ,,

Back