Help! Modify premade stand (or diy) to fit sump?

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally pulled decided on a 20 cube sump - however my sump section of the stand is easily short 2-3” . I also need to cut out the cabinet shelf.

— So I can cut out the shelf and add some 2x4 behind to match Sump height - but worry about keeping level once the top is filled? Maybe can put another piece of wood platform?

—Or I could just take out their entire wood panels & add new wooden panels without the shelf and extend it backwards about 2 inches?

— Or maybe just redo the whole unit in 2x4s and regret not pulling the trigger on a 34” non cube sump instead?

(The only reason I didn’t diy the whole unit is because I figured the metal frame may be stronger? The top shelf not only has horizontal supports but 3 (plus the two sides) supports going the width. The panels are cheap particularly board.)

IMG_2808.jpeg

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You can run a center brace under the bottom as well and use the existing bottom shelf. Measure the height between the floor and the shelf and use a 1" by that'll fill the void. Paint/stain similar color to the stand color.

Back