Help! Modify premade stand (or diy) to fit sump?

  • Thread starter Thread starter NancyFish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

NancyFish

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2024
Messages
680
Reaction score
206
Location
conneticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally pulled decided on a 20 cube sump - however my sump section of the stand is easily short 2-3” . I also need to cut out the cabinet shelf.

— So I can cut out the shelf and add some 2x4 behind to match Sump height - but worry about keeping level once the top is filled? Maybe can put another piece of wood platform?

—Or I could just take out their entire wood panels & add new wooden panels without the shelf and extend it backwards about 2 inches?

— Or maybe just redo the whole unit in 2x4s and regret not pulling the trigger on a 34” non cube sump instead?

(The only reason I didn’t diy the whole unit is because I figured the metal frame may be stronger? The top shelf not only has horizontal supports but 3 (plus the two sides) supports going the width. The panels are cheap particularly board.)

IMG_2808.jpeg
 
You can run a center brace under the bottom as well and use the existing bottom shelf. Measure the height between the floor and the shelf and use a 1" by that'll fill the void. Paint/stain similar color to the stand color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new