HELP my BTA anenome is being weird

reefnate21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently purchased a beautiful rainbow BTA and it was doing amazing up until 2 days ago suddenly it closed up tightly and now it just looks odd my water parameters are fine and there are no clowns hosting it and I have been spot feeding it every 3 days some mysis. There is no gaping mouth but he still looks different so I don’t know if he’s just doing anemone things or if there is a problem I need to address so now I’m looking to one of you more experienced guys for some help addressing what’s wrong with him or if anything is wrong with him at all

This is him currently sorry I couldn’t find a previous picture to compare it to but imagine him right now but a bit bigger and with all his tentacles inflated and bubbled up nicely please could anyone help me out and lmk if this is a sign of anything
IMG_2877.jpeg

therootcause

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve presented us with a photo of an anemone that looks to be in exceptional health. When was it added to the tank, how long has the tank been running, and what are your “fine” water parameters.

OP
OP
R

reefnate21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrates are at 1 phosphates are at about 0.05 salinity is 1.024-1.025 ammonia is 0 and ph is 8.2 it was added to the tank 8 days ago and the tank has been running for over a year (using the same sand bed and live rock from my previous tank that the glass cracked and was running for over 5 years )

OP
OP
R

reefnate21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’ve presented us with a photo of an anemone that looks to be in exceptional health. When was it added to the tank, how long has the tank been running, and what are your “fine” water parameters.
I think I might have been stressing out over nothing he was probably just getting rid of some waste because he looks good now I still have a question how often would you recommend feeding him?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back