HELP MY CALCIUM IS DROPPING FAST

reef jacob

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Messages
210
Reaction score
196
Location
West Richland, wa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the past couple of weeks my calcium had been dropping and dropping but when this started I was dosing 55 ml of calcium per day and it just kept dropping and dropping so I've been increasing the calcium and it's just stayed at 350 but now I'm dosing 100ml per day and it's only 360 it just seems like it didn't do anything maybe something is wrong with doser idk?

1483171892324.jpg
 
Are you reading and doing the test correctly? Admittedly, I kept testing my calcium and it wasn't barely moving, kept dosing more and more. Took a few days for me to realize that i got my calcium and nitrate (both salifert) test water amount backwards. I should have been using 2ml instead of 1ml, ended up in reality shooting my calcium up over 500 and kept thinking it was 350. Just a thought :)
 
Are you reading and doing the test correctly? Admittedly, I kept testing my calcium and it wasn't barely moving, kept dosing more and more. Took a few days for me to realize that i got my calcium and nitrate (both salifert) test water amount backwards. I should have been using 2ml instead of 1ml, ended up in reality shooting my calcium up over 500 and kept thinking it was 350. Just a thought :)
Hm weird mine seems that way but I'm using a salifert test kit and using 2 ml of water one scoop and 8 drops then slowly added 1 ml of regiment idk that's what instructions say maybe a bad test kit??
 
Definitely get your mag up. Sounds like you are doing the test right, i was accidentally only using 1 ml, doh!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new