Help my clownfish looks very sick

Austin Wiant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ff609b7da6602a94fb175ecbeffa321d.jpg

He’s been swimming like this and won’t eat. Is he sick? Is he going to die?

savetheocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish does this at night. Try turning off the powerheads while you feed

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I agree clowns do some very odd things at times, I would like to ask a couple questions just to be on the safe side. Is she breathing heavy or swimming into the flow of a powerhead/filter? Hiding excessively, lethargic, any odd spots or patches? How long have you had her and was she quarantined? Is anyone else acting odd?

OP
OP
Austin Wiant

Austin Wiant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although I agree clowns do some very odd things at times, I would like to ask a couple questions just to be on the safe side. Is she breathing heavy or swimming into the flow of a powerhead/filter? Hiding excessively, lethargic, any odd spots or patches? How long have you had her and was she quarantined? Is anyone else acting odd?

He is breathing heavy and I’ve had for over a year and he has always stayed on the left side of the tank next to the rock he sleeps on. But he is in the top right corner where he has never gone

OP
OP
Austin Wiant

Austin Wiant

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He is breathing heavy and I’ve had for over a year and he has always stayed on the left side of the tank next to the rock he sleeps on. But he is in the top right corner where he has never gone

He is also the only one who does this. The other clownfish I️ had did this and died about 7 months ago

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the fact that we're talking about a clownfish almost makes me think "Brooklynella": https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brooklynella.247938/#post-2913287

Other than the behavioral symptoms of heavy breathing and hanging at the surface (both of which would indicate that he's having a problem inside his gills), have you noticed any physical or other symptoms? Did you notice anything else with the other clownfish? (IIRC, they can sometimes fend Brook off for that long . . . )

~Bruce

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back