Help ! My new wet side is noisey

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a new mp10 wetside and it seems to be noisy with a lot of vibration . I tried every possible position and it doesn’t go away . Any suggestions ?

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you place them together? Try setting the wet/dry sides together first then powering it up, then fine tuning positioning

OP
OP
Madimod

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you place them together? Try setting the wet/dry sides together first then powering it up, then fine tuning positioning

I placed it just like you said . I have another mp 10 that is fine

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it's brand new, check the ceramic coating around the spin shaft. Occasionally the ceramic cracks and brakes off for a number of reasons. Box dropped in shipping, bad manufacturing ect... If the ceremic is loose on the shaft or gone completely, it'll cause the wetside to be noisy. Unfortunately if there is anything wrong with it, there is no fix and a new wetside is needed.
upload_2018-8-22_23-32-12.jpeg

hwntunda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As crab said, try checking the ceramic sleeve. As for me after not running my pumps over 5/7years then starting back up, I experienced what you’re going through. I ended up double triple checking everything (thinking something was broken) with power off, made sure no air was trapped within the wet side, then approximately aligned sides and ended up with slight vibration then tweaked it till it was purring like a kitten. Hopefully that’s all your issue is, if not keep us posted to try help troubleshoot it more.

Alex1Young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's important to remember all VorTech wetsides have a 2 week break in period. To properly break in your wetside, be sure to run your MP10 in constant mode (green dial) at it's lowest speed. Gradually increase that speed over the course of 2 weeks at which time you can change to your desired mode/speed. If you continue to encounter a noise issue, be sure to measure your aquarium's wall thickness and use the included spacer if necessary. Additionally, it's very important to ensure you have the dryside supported using the supplied hanging tabs. Finally, contacting our customer service department directly would be a good option after break in. [email protected] Attn: Alex or 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2

Alex Y
EcoTech Marine Customer Service Manager

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's important to remember all VorTech wetsides have a 2 week break in period. To properly break in your wetside, be sure to run your MP10 in constant mode (green dial) at it's lowest speed. Gradually increase that speed over the course of 2 weeks at which time you can change to your desired mode/speed. If you continue to encounter a noise issue, be sure to measure your aquarium's wall thickness and use the included spacer if necessary. Additionally, it's very important to ensure you have the dryside supported using the supplied hanging tabs. Finally, contacting our customer service department directly would be a good option after break in. [email protected] Attn: Alex or 1-800-785-0338 Ext. 2

Alex Y
Thanks for the response, as expensive as these are they should be right out of the box, I will wait the 2 weeks and see though

OP
OP
Madimod

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Alex Y

Thank you Alex

Back