Help my RKL reads 4.66 pH !!!

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay besides the fungia incident, for those of you that saw my previous thread, yesterday I found my RKL registering 5.0 pH and lows of 4.66!! Sps looked fine so obviously I knew it was a RK error, plus I top off with kalk. I proceeded to cleaning the probe with vinager solution and afterwards seemed to read normal ph of around 8.1.... however today it read 4.x again!

Anyone experienced similar problem before? Should I just recalibrate it or could it be a module malfunction, etc? it's fairly new so it's still under warranty. Any advice is appreciated thanks!

Reef keeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
how long since u last recalibratedit and kinda sounds like its time to get a new probe mine did that wen it went bad

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long since u last recalibratedit and kinda sounds like its time to get a new probe mine did that wen it went bad

it only has around 3 months I calibrated it the first time never recalibrated it. How long did yours last? do you know if they're covered by the warranty?

Recalibrate it. If that don't work, warranty it.

I will however I need to purchase the solutions... I have the ones I used previously maybe I'll use those to see if it's working first anyways...

Bugg_zy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you fully submerge the probe? or leave the top of it out of the water?

OP
OP
PR_Reefers

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning with diluted vinegar & recalibration worked for me in case anyone has similar problems :) hope I don't have to do this every 2 months...

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back