Help my RKL reads 4.66 pH !!!

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Joined
Jun 24, 2010
Messages
749
Reaction score
12
Location
Puerto Rico
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay besides the fungia incident, for those of you that saw my previous thread, yesterday I found my RKL registering 5.0 pH and lows of 4.66!! Sps looked fine so obviously I knew it was a RK error, plus I top off with kalk. I proceeded to cleaning the probe with vinager solution and afterwards seemed to read normal ph of around 8.1.... however today it read 4.x again!

Anyone experienced similar problem before? Should I just recalibrate it or could it be a module malfunction, etc? it's fairly new so it's still under warranty. Any advice is appreciated thanks!
 
how long since u last recalibratedit and kinda sounds like its time to get a new probe mine did that wen it went bad
 
Recalibrate it. If that don't work, warranty it.
 
how long since u last recalibratedit and kinda sounds like its time to get a new probe mine did that wen it went bad

it only has around 3 months I calibrated it the first time never recalibrated it. How long did yours last? do you know if they're covered by the warranty?

Recalibrate it. If that don't work, warranty it.

I will however I need to purchase the solutions... I have the ones I used previously maybe I'll use those to see if it's working first anyways...
 
Do you fully submerge the probe? or leave the top of it out of the water?
 
Cleaning with diluted vinegar & recalibration worked for me in case anyone has similar problems :) hope I don't have to do this every 2 months...
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new