- Joined
- Oct 3, 2015
- Messages
- 5,174
- Reaction score
- 8,516
How much room between that intake and the side of the sump? I got a simple idea if you have 3-4”
Yeah I do. I’m thinking of some sort of frame for a mesh
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
How much room between that intake and the side of the sump? I got a simple idea if you have 3-4”
Kind of pricy, but would 1000000% be worth it if I didnt have to take out the skimmer so often.Thanks
My drawing skills suck but you’ll get the jist of it.
It would kind of be a reverse sump sock standing up. Printed close bottom base with a hole on the side that would slide over the intake. Then a sock fits securely over the top. Then you just have to pull the sock off to change it out. Piece would stay attached.
![]()
![]()
Printed frame. Like a big strainer to keep it from collapsing.Though the sock would collapse and get into the pump- it would need a frame to keep it open.
Aqua mesh. It was commonly called spaghetti mat when 3M held the patent. It was really expensive then.Kind of pricy, but would 1000000% be worth it if I didnt have to take out the skimmer so often.Thanks
So I keep getting tiny snails or bits of Chaetomorpha in my skimmer. Like this happens almost daily, for months. Its a giant Regal 350SSS skimmer, that with the self-cleaning head was supposed to be very independent. The bits of nasties in the needle wheel cut bubble production in half, rendering the skimmer useless.
I cant print anything fine enough to guard the intake. So I need to find a mesh of sorts?
Any suggestions on where to look?
![]()
https://www.marinedepot.com/lifegard-aquatics-aquamesh-progressive-filter-pad-coarse
I get it from marine depot, but I think other vendors have it. It’s basically just a really coarse filter pad. They have different sizes. I used to get them to use as a bubble trap in between the skimmer and pump baffles. The coarse are fairly strong and hold their shape so you can cut to fit
Do you have any files on these snail guards you can share?I print guards all the time. That would work for snails, but not quite for the small chaeto bits (I think).