Help on a RR 210 gal leak

Bo N Rachel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 19, 2015
Messages
62
Reaction score
6
Location
Augusta Ga
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have someone I'm getting this 210 drilled tank from. He's part of the local club, it's leaking that why he is parting ways with it. He said the front and bottom panes of glass have separated at the silicone. I have resealed tanks before but not this big! My question is?? Anything special I have to do when I do this one because the plastic frame is not cracked or the glass just the joint separation. Thanks in advance! Ps I currently have a nuvo 16 gal and a 65gal drilled.
 
Tape it off wide along the bottom front seam. Like as wide as possible as long as its not an eye sore. Get a good thick bubble free bead. Just make sure you let it cure long enough. And that you can fill it to the top outside for a few hours. If that seam goes in the living room it'll be ugly lol!
 
you well have to completely take it apart and reassemble it. can't just put new silicone on the inside well just blow out again
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new