Help on aquarium placement

LauriesaurusRex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Me again!

I put together the stand for our Red Sea Reefer 425xl and in reading the manufacturer user manual it recommends placing the tank with 2 feet of clearance on either side for access and maintenance. The place we’re planning on putting it does not have that much space on one side of the tank, I have about 6 inches between the tank and a counter. It’s where our old freshwater tank was and I never had issues.
Anyone have any feedback about this? Is 2 feet really needed or should I be ok with it being closer?
Thanks! I’ve enjoyed all the reading and information on Reef2Reef!

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Me again!

I put together the stand for our Red Sea Reefer 425xl and in reading the manufacturer user manual it recommends placing the tank with 2 feet of clearance on either side for access and maintenance. The place we’re planning on putting it does not have that much space on one side of the tank, I have about 6 inches between the tank and a counter. It’s where our old freshwater tank was and I never had issues.
Anyone have any feedback about this? Is 2 feet really needed or should I be ok with it being closer?
Thanks! I’ve enjoyed all the reading and information on Reef2Reef!

I have about a foot and a half on the right of my 525xl, and like 6 inches on the left. Only reason I didnt center it was there is a small cabinet on the right that my fiance makes me put all my fish stuff so its not all over the counter lol. (It still ends up all over the counter)

20201028_180322.jpg

20200927_132332.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 44.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back