HELp on deleting Modules that do not exist

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in the process of moving over outlets and commands from old Apex (port issue) to a new warranty replacement one. In that process of unplugging and plugging in modules between the two, both units keep creating new input modules. I have multiple DOS, MXM and other inputs now. When I go to the Inputs section, they are red obviously because they are not plugged in or are now duplicates but when I select the delete option the orange upload button is not available to remove them. They are causing all kinds of alerts now on both controllers. How do remove these? Their support is not helping at all.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
example

Attachments

• Screenshot_22-4-2024_10419_apexfusion.com.jpeg
    Screenshot_22-4-2024_10419_apexfusion.com.jpeg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the view that lists everything (sorry I don’t know the name of it). It has a hierarchical view of everything connected.
IMG_1017.png

Change it at the top to show modules
IMG_1018.png

Select the module you want to remove and then under action select delete.
IMG_1019.png

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I select delete, I cannot upload the change. The orange upload button is not pressable. I have tried that over and over which is why I posted here.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have a module I never removed so I just tried the way I said to do it and it saves the changes but when I go back in the module is still there.
So essentially I was no help. I wonder if it has to be done through apex local maybe?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The module I was trying to delete was on an old A1 Apex Lite and when I logged into the classic dashboard it was easy to delete the module and it worked.
If you are using a newer A2 or A3 Apex it may be worth trying to login to apex local and see if deleting it that way works. I have an A2 Apex also, but I don’t have a module on it that I want to delete to test this out.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It can be done on the Fusion “app.” I’ve done it multiple times.

IMG_7551.jpeg

Click the gear and then that circled button.

IMG_7552.jpeg

Click the module.

IMG_7554.jpeg

Click configure and select delete. Then click upload.

If that doesn’t work then log in via apex.local or use a desktop/laptop on fusion.

You could also share access to me and I could try and delete them. If you want to do that pm me.

OP
OP
mkoenig

mkoenig

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The module I was trying to delete was on an old A1 Apex Lite and when I logged into the classic dashboard it was easy to delete the module and it worked.
If you are using a newer A2 or A3 Apex it may be worth trying to login to apex local and see if deleting it that way works. I have an A2 Apex also, but I don’t have a module on it that I want to delete to test this out.
I can try that but I could not even connect to the new A3 with apex.local. I had to use the IP address of 172.16.0.1 and then once joined to my network I had to go onto the router and find the IP address. Nothing I did would get apex.local to work.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back