Help on steel stand for my tank

May I suggest doing an extruded aluminum stand? It's basically an adults erector set. You don't need any fancy tools and you don't have to worry about rust. It is lighter than steel and just as strong for this application.
 
May I suggest doing an extruded aluminum stand? It's basically an adults erector set. You don't need any fancy tools and you don't have to worry about rust. It is lighter than steel and just as strong for this application.

Just make sure to use stainless hardware.
 
This is powder coated steel.... I love that is it sturdy and very open. There is a layer of black PVC board on top of the stand, pvc board tray under the sump and equipment. PVC board made great coasters for the feet as well.

2016-05-25 15.41.25-1.jpg
 
image.jpeg
Fab helped me on picking material for my stand. I went with 316 alloy and I'm very glad I did. Now I can forget about it.
I decided not to go with legs as I wanted the weight spread as much as possible. But I had a good welder and we made it in site to make sure everything was level.

image.jpeg
 
How about truck bed liner covered steel? Line X or something like it.
 
Sounds good to me. The only thing I don't like about using coat steel is the fact I have seen numerous times where the coating will pull away from the steel.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new