Help on sump for cube

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30x30x25 cube that I am setting up. The biggest opening in the stand is 23 inches. I am thinking about getting a custom sump built. I am thinking 23x23x15 or 16 tall. I am also thinking about making the flow in a u shaped design. Things to go in the sump are a alpha 200 skimmer and geo 618 calcium reactor. I am also thinking about a fugue area but not sure that's necessary with everything available today or not. Any idea's or pics would be great. Thanks in advance.

bige

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one under my biocube 29. The size you listed will work fine. I am about to take mine down and rework it to have more space. Check out melevs acrylics. He has several examples. They are easy to make. Mine is glass just because I didn't have acrylic.

laynframe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talk with Tyler at Elite-aquatics.net hes great to deal with and is extremely reasonable with pricing! His attention to details is insane!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
fbodykiller

fbodykiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have messages back and forth with troylee but haven't heard back from him... I tried emailing melev Thursday. Haven't heard from him either. Maybe everyone is just busy. Surely someone has built a sump like this.... Anyone with pics of a sump for a cube tank?

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heres my sump setup, its a little crazy but it measures 15x15x15 and i have the biggest chamber for fuge, then skimmer then return

IMG_2228.jpg

pm me if you want any more info on it, its acrylic of course

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 20g tall for my 45g cube. Space in the cabinet is limited. I've got little refugium made in the last stage where the return is.

sump.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back