HELP! One of my paired maroon clownfish died this morning out of nowhere!

pmcall24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a sebae anemone and a long tip anemone after a week of trying to keep them apart because I was warned they would fight or kill one another. I finally gave up because my sebae kept floating over to check out the long tip. One morning I woke up and they were so close together they looked like one anemone and just as happy and footed and fluffy as could be. This was a month ago and they are still like two love bird. So both of my maroons that I have ,had for almost 2 years now, both swished on the two together and there didn't seem to be any issues. Last night before I went to bed everyone was fine, nothing wrong. This morning all was good when I fed them then I went to take a shower and got ready and before I left, my larger maroon was upside down in the corner barely moving and died. Im not a novice but by far not an expert. Could she have been stung by the anemone? That is the only thing I can think of. Water perimeters are perfect. No sign of sickness, still bright color, slim coat was fine. All my other fishees are fine. Has anyone experienced anything like this with a clownfish?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Three weeks and no replies?
Sorry for your loss. I seriously doubt it was due to the anemone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 37 31.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back