Help/Opinion: Light Height

  • Thread starter Thread starter KingAlee
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

KingAlee

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 11, 2024
Messages
677
Reaction score
484
Location
Mobile
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Philzon 165watt lights ( I know not the best but it’s what I’m working with). I’m placing them above a 125 gallon tank that has a water depth of 19”. I have one light that is stuck with the blues at 100% brightness and the others can be adjusted but the question being how high should I put these above the water line? I’m trying to do a mixed reef tank and don’t have access to a PAR meter at the moment but in a couple of weeks I’ll be able too.
 
I have 3 Philzon 165watt lights ( I know not the best but it’s what I’m working with). I’m placing them above a 125 gallon tank that has a water depth of 19”. I have one light that is stuck with the blues at 100% brightness and the others can be adjusted but the question being how high should I put these above the water line? I’m trying to do a mixed reef tank and don’t have access to a PAR meter at the moment but in a couple of weeks I’ll be able too.
8-10" above water line and best checked with a PAR meter if you can rent one (LFS and local fish clubs)
 
Do you currently have corals?
 
Do you currently have corals?
Yes I have a full tank beside it but it has custom lights on it that I know for sure the part isn’t where it needs to be.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5692.jpeg
    IMG_5692.jpeg
    126.8 KB · Views: 37

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new