HELP! Orange shoulder tang dying?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ReefRusty
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2020
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
992
Location
Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

Have had this orange shoulder tang for about 2 weeks now had settled in very well, it was eating lots and swimming without any issues. However last the last 2 days have noticed the Blue tang showing se dominance towards it but not actually attacking it. He now sits in the bottom Of tank and just moves with the currant. Does not look to good.. I am even able to catch him without any issues. Is he on his way out what can I do to try and save him?

All my parameters are spot on and all the other fish are doing great.
https://youtube.com/shorts/zn72CnYUcVU?feature=share

 
Last edited:
Can you catch blue tang in fish trap and give him a time out? Love my Orange Shoulder Tang.

2F3D5368-E6F0-4B18-B445-85987D33DC63.jpeg
 
Can you catch blue tang in fish trap and give him a time out? Love my Orange Shoulder Tang.

2F3D5368-E6F0-4B18-B445-85987D33DC63.jpeg
Last time I tried to catch my Blue i manage to knock a handful of corals of my rock haha. He is extremely fast and has to many hiding spots to get him out off. If he is feed throughout the day he is happy and doesn't bother any one. Wow that looks amazing.
 
Get a fish trap and feed the fish only through trap. Anytime I need to catch fish, I pull out fish trap, put food in, and catch the fish. I never put a net into the aquarium.
 
So it ended up dying, separated him but think it was to far gone. Took less than 48 hours to go from happy to dying. Poor little guy was a wicked lil fish. Any idea what may have caused this? And so quick? Refused to eat today and ended up doing a crocodile death roll then it passed away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new