Help!! Pest company sprayed under the tank near sump

MJReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there was couple roach under my tank so I called pest control and they sprayed under my tank near the sump( he said he is being careful not to spray on water). I turned off the sump pump to make sure the water doesn’t goes to the tank. I’m so nervous now. What should I do? Clean the sump and all the equipment?

will the tank run just with mp40 and heater for 5-6 hours?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use a polyfilter , add new carbon / chemipure blue, you can water change the sump water if you want to be extra careful

DaJMasta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon breaks down a lot of harmful toxins, it's a go-to for airborne chemical filtration and even human toxin ingestion.

Run carbon in a rector or if you don't have one, in a bag in a high flow area. I'd also prepare a large water change to do asap.

That it's contained is good, but your system will need its sump. Changing all the water in it is good, wiling down the sides and equipment is better, having carbon run when it's reattached (or even prior to but after replacing the water) is even better.

OP
OP
M

MJReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
Carbon breaks down a lot of harmful toxins, it's a go-to for airborne chemical filtration and even human toxin ingestion.

Run carbon in a rector or if you don't have one, in a bag in a high flow area. I'd also prepare a large water change to do asap.

That it's contained is good, but your system will need its sump. Changing all the water in it is good, wiling down the sides and equipment is better, having carbon run when it's reattached (or even prior to but after replacing the water) is even better.
Thanks. I emptied the sump and cleaned it and added fresh salt water. Fishes and corals are doing good. Added some carbon just in case.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back