help picking out the right lense

  • Thread starter Thread starter vietcu
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

vietcu

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2008
Messages
102
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a Canon 10D using a 100mm Macro lense. I have been using this to take mostly top down shots of frags and close up of corals, and rely on it heavily. What I need to do now is take whole colony pictures of my corals. I would say anything from the 3"-10" range of coral size. I am usually about 10" to a little over 1' away from the coral from the end of the lense. I am trying to figure out which lense that will allow me to take a whole shot of my corals without being too close nor too far from it. Thanks
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new