Help Please! Corals not doing to well

Tuffloud1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my ALK is pretty steady , no changes there . What do you use to dose phosphate ?

Check out Brightwell NeoPhos for premixed liquid or this if you want something that will last forever but you have to mix.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your nitrates and phosphates are at 0, you need both of these for corals to remain healthy. They don't need to be high but always need to be present in the tank.

How long are you running your fuges photoperiod? Are you doing gfo?

I'd cut fuge photoperiod to 2 hours and stop gfo. If you continue to have trouble then dose nitrogen and phosphorous.

Sps always look like p*** when phosphates bottom out as do many lps.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or just feed more and see if that brings your phosphate up. For my system, the only way I have effectively raised my phosphate levels is by dosing it.

Same, I only have two fish and feeding just doesn't do it. I also had an issue where my rock was binding my phosphates for a long time.

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just tested the the water again and the nitrate

Thank you again for your advice , i just tested the water again and the nitrate level its not zero anymore went up to about 3ppm but phosphate level is still at zero. So you suggest not to dose nitrate because the Phosphate is at zero?

First get your nitrate level up and then dose the phosphate. Re-check a day after dosing and see where the phosphate level is at.

OP
OP
A

adrians

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Brightwell NeoPhos for premixed liquid or this if you want something that will last forever but you have to mix.

thanks i'll check them out

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much do you mix concentrate do you mix in 1 gallon of water?

Naw, I usually just take a cup of water and then syringe out the dose I want to add and pour into sump so it mixes before the return spits it out.

You can be more lax with it than two part or kalk.

Edit* I misunderstood the question. Different brands have different dose requirements. Seachem is pretty concentrated so the equation is like .8 x water volume x target ppm increase = ml.

OP
OP
A

adrians

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Naw, I usually just take a cup of water and then syringe out the dose I want to add and pour into sump so it mixes before the return spits it out.

You can be more lax with it than two part or kalk.

Edit* I misunderstood the question. Different brands have different dose requirements. Seachem is pretty concentrated so the equation is like .8 x water volume x target ppm increase = ml.
thanks a lot

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back