help please... white spots on clown

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im seeing white spots on one of the 2 clowns i have.. wat is this wat should i do

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats wat i think.. i should dip in freshwater? how long? thats no salt in the rodi water right?

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can try dipping him for about 3-4 minutes but in my experience that never gets rid of it.I would try using Chem-Marin stop parasite.The fresh dips do help though but they also stress the fish.

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I have never had to try it but if you raise your temp in the tank up it kills it off too_Only try this if it's a fish only system!!

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wat would u raise the temp up to for how long?
can i try it in a bucket?

Tanked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look it up because like I said I have never tried it but I have heard about it alot.Google raise temperature cure ich

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will remind you, if you do a freshwater dip on a fish, make sure you buffer the pH of the water.

IMO the best thing you can do for ich is feed well and use cleaner shrimp/gobies/wrasses, oh and I have also had very good luck with a UV sterilizer

You should def. check your water params, a healthy clownfish in good water should never get ick.

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
salinity is 1.025 ph is 8.38 o nitrates.. i dont kno?
i cant seem to catch him to do dips.. i dont have qt tank.
i got one of the clown n put him in refugium, still got 3 other fish including the one with ick. i recently loss an anthias, removed it rite away now that i think of it it kinda did have white spots on its face.

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I fought Ick at one point when I was less informed, I tried every remedy on the net and failed... lost my pair of picassos and my mata tang. Then I ordered a big ol UV sterilizer, and in 48 hours all the ick was gone, took off the UV and never had a problem since.

subielover

Renegade reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would do some research on it. Specifically research hyposalinity or copper treatments. I would post a pic and confirm if it is indeed ich, before starting any regimen.

_Alex_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
raise temp up to 81-no more than 82 and if u have no corals lower the salinaty down to 1.015 wont hurt the fish, just do it slowly,

i fought ick for 2 months and did this and it went away but i was also using NOick and 2 rounds of revive with water changes.

i also got 2 skunk cleaner shrimp that helped a TON on the fish taht would use them... but none the less if fish wont let them do there job, they wont help..

but ot me sounds alot like ick

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i gues i made a QT... took a rubber maid prob 20 gall filld it with water.. im gona add about a half inch of sand from main tank for bacteria, this is last min thats why.salinity is at .025 im thinking of bringing it down to .012 over 3 days and keeping it ther for 15 days before i bring it bck up.. no bioballs thats y im gona use the sand gona put a pump inthe qt also.. i did get some carbon gona tie that to where the water gets sucked up in the pump... and thats it i guess
i got 2 in refugium, the one with the whie spots on its face is tough to get along with another damsel i might have to pull a few rocks out

OP
OP
N

nissanrs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right i forgot to mention im gona be doing water changes in QT everyday..

One More And I’m Out. Is Failure An Option?

• Yes

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • No

Votes: 169 73.5%
  • Unsure

Votes: 26 11.3%
Back