Help Please!

reeferRyan97

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2026
Messages
10
Reaction score
6
Location
31302
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 20260423_183934_230195E5-8664-4BAE-8F94-4F7243DE6964.mov

20260423_183945_FC2537FB-0EBA-4BB1-B3B6-FA5D2F6AD28C.png
LFS had these as a pair. No problems in store, bags, or drip container. When I dropped them in my tank. This started.. is this bc they’re in a new tank? should I separate them now or wait it out? All the stores are closed and I don’t have an extra tank. LFS said he had them 2 weeks and previous owner had them at least 6 months together with no issues
 
To me they look stressed, what other fish are in the tank? Its very unusual to see clowns hiding in rocks like and not moving. They seem to be hiding from something
 
It’s a newly cycled tank. 38 gallon AIO.. I just read that they may have to re-establish the dominance. The sebae gets pecked then acts like he’s getting electrocuted for a second. Which I’ve heard is the male showing that’s he’s submissive.. just not sure
 
It’s a newly cycled tank. 38 gallon AIO.. I just read that they may have to re-establish the dominance. The sebae gets pecked then acts like he’s getting electrocuted for a second. Which I’ve heard is the male showing that’s he’s submissive.. just not sure

Pairing large clowns of different species can be tricky. Also, clown pair bonds can break down, sometimes temporarily, other times permanently.

If you start seeing ripped fins or mouth damage, you should use a tank divider to split them up for a couple of weeks and then try again.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new