Help please

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow eyed kole tang that looked good yesterday I dipped him in the blue quick QT
Meds.. and put him in the tank and today his fins looked like this I do know him and a sailfin tang were not getting along so I put them in the dark and put them in the dip for 45 minutes in the blue and 45 minutes in the green. .. neither had any sign of disease so what do you think this is on his fins could it be from fighting? My sailfin tang looks good ..
c25beff4b980992c972f24802ad8bd1a.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fins could be lympho, they could be damage.

What do you mean by meds blue and green?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d stop using that product, there is no rapid quarantine that is effective unfortunately

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lympho.

The wording on that packaging is very telling: "reduces disease". Doesn't say anything about "eliminating" disease. ;)

OP
OP
lewis.maryann08

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lympho.

The wording on that packaging is very telling: "reduces disease". Doesn't say anything about "eliminating" disease. ;)
I understand my tang has been treated with copper in qt from a flake brake out I have never had ick in my tank so I do hope it was just from the two tangs fighting should I qt him or just wait to see if he heals on his own ?

OP
OP
lewis.maryann08

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Lympho.

So do I need to qt him and if it is lympho what should I treat him with

Pbh-reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is lympho keep the water quality high and feed good foods often - try soaking high quality frozen food and nori and zeocon or selcon. I think fish oil can help too.

If it is a parasite you will have to figure out which one (people here can help!) and then decide if and how to treat it and your other fish

OP
OP
lewis.maryann08

lewis.maryann08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is lympho keep the water quality high and feed good foods often - try soaking high quality frozen food and nori and zeocon or selcon. I think fish oil can help too.
So it will just go away on it's own? I do feed well and he is eating like a pig. Will the others get it from him?

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it will just go away on it's own? I do feed well and he is eating like a pig. Will the others get it from him?

They might, if they are stressed especially. It’s a virus...kind of like fish cold sores...so take advantage of suppressed immune systems. Rarely cause any serious harm though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back