Help plumbing. Used set up

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This approximately what I am suggesting for your return. Yours of course will be in the sump.

image1.jpg

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok for the return you are going to have to angle it between or over the protien skimmer. It will be simple. Push everything together at first so that you can see if you got it right and then glue it.

At the bulkhead get a 90 degree elbow that will reduce down from 1 1/4" to 1". I got mine from Home Depot. Cut off the union as close as you can to the union on the plumbing piece for the Cor. You will need a straight slip to adapt to the 1 1/4" piece coming across. Somewhere on the straight piece coming across cut the line and put in a union. This should clean up the return.

The drain. I would use a 90 and turn the 90 toward the wall and then use spa flex for your straight run to the over the top of the sump then a downward 90 with hard PVC into the sump.

That should give a nice clean look, and pull out a lot of the head impediments.
Wow okay, that's awesome help. one question though, I have a trigger system sump. and it has the 2 pipes that you would usually connect your plumbing too should i just ignore those and run the return just as a straight pipe into the sump?

HuduVudu

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow okay, that's awesome help. one question though, I have a trigger system sump. and it has the 2 pipes that you would usually connect your plumbing too should i just ignore those and run the return just as a straight pipe into the sump?
I would run the pipe straight into one of the trigger sump inputs so you can take advantage of the things that they provide for overflows, like filter socks. If you really want to get crazy you can tie the two sump inputs into one input. It is up to you if you want to go this far.

OP
OP
Areeflover

Areeflover

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would run the pipe straight into one of the trigger sump inputs so you can take advantage of the things that they provide for overflows, like filter socks. If you really want to get crazy you can tie the two sump inputs into one input. It is up to you if you want to go this far.
Okay that’s what I’ll do, thanks so much for your help

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 63 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back