Help programming 2 MP40s

Wbrian

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
133
Reaction score
25
Location
Virginia Beach, VA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!
I am having a little flow issue in my 65 mixed reef and was having sand piling up on one side of the tank bottom. So I bought a 2nd MP40. I have the ReefLink set up and both MP40s are recognized.
Now to figure out the programming... I'm looking for a starting point that I can tweak from.
Any suggestions?

Using reeflink, do I need to make one a master and one a slave?
Sync or antisync?
I know you can import other user's templates into ReefLink. Is there a repository for templates anywhere?

Here's an image of what ReefLink set up by itself (Right_MP40 is the new Vortech)...

Thanks!
Brian
mp40template.jpg
 
Last edited:
When running Vortechs at opposite ends, I’m a fan of using Reefcrest in antisync mode. Because of the relatively short 36” span of your 65 gallon tank, set it at a max of around 40% intensity. If you feel like using a night mode, then for the evening hours, go Lagoon mode at 25% intensity, again on antisync.
 
I’ve actually never used NTM, but I’d imagine you just squeeze it into your scheduling with the Reeflink.
 
Set 1 to master and the other to slave
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new