Help programming an Apex to do something.

Dilan Patel

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I wanted to do an ATO. I cannot purchase one yet because I have to find one that is small and can go in the main display. But until then I put a pump in water with some tubing. I found out that you cannot put seconds as programming on the apex so my question would be how to do days of the week. I know there is a function for that but do not remember.

I basically want the pump on for a minute every monday,wednesday and friday.

Also for My 180galon I purchased a toms aquatic aqualifter in preperation for when I buy a ATO system for that tank which does have a sump. I looked up the GPH saying it can do 3.5 at 30in. So mine is on the ground and maybe a headhight of 12in and away from the water source about a foot or two. I do not believe I am getting the 3.5gph it says. Is there a reason? Also what ATo do you all reccomend for that pump. And what ATO would you reccomend for a intank ATO. Thanks.

Torqued

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use float valves not times....you can use multiples for safety. Checkout autotopoff.com for some ideas. I purchased a solenoid for my rodi as well. Some will suggest against that but with proper safeties in place it's the easiest and lowest maintenance way to do it

It is all programmed through the apex and works amazing. If you wanted to use pumps, you would do exact same way but instead of a solenoid for water feed, u turn on/off an aqualifter.

Back