HELP rapid fish disease ID not white spot but bigger white spots

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two most common diseases that can wipe out a full tank that quickly, velvet and brooklynella. Both have a 6-week fallow period, though if you want to take care of ich while you are at it... 76 days.

I highly suggest adopting a QT protocol moving forward. It can be observation only, but it helps keep the really bad stuff out. Snails and inverts should be QT’d 76 days in a fish-less- QT. And for corals, at the very least dip and remove frag plugs/ excess exposed skeleton, etc; or QT 76 days as well.

I’m very sorry for your losses... I’ve been there [emoji20]

OP
OP
JadeM

JadeM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The two most common diseases that can wipe out a full tank that quickly, velvet and brooklynella. Both have a 6-week fallow period, though if you want to take care of ich while you are at it... 76 days.

I highly suggest adopting a QT protocol moving forward. It can be observation only, but it helps keep the really bad stuff out. Snails and inverts should be QT’d 76 days in a fish-less- QT. And for corals, at the very least dip and remove frag plugs/ excess exposed skeleton, etc; or QT 76 days as well.

I’m very sorry for your losses... I’ve been there [emoji20]
Thankyou :). Sorry for your losses..

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back