Help! Rbta health declining!

Cube reefer25g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 25g cube that is a little over a year old. I purchased a rbta around the sixth month mark and it just kinda started to loose its color and size. It went from a few inches in diameter to about a inch in diameter. I believe it was caused from feeding because for a while I did not feed it because I was told on another forum that if I feed it, it would just outgrow my reef. So I didn’t and now it shrunk and lost most of its color. For the past week or two I have been feeding it everyday to try to swing it back, with not much result( feeding Mysis shrimp and regular raw shrimp). I am just wondering what could have caused this besides the feeding. Could it be my light? Although I know other people that have this light on rbtas.

Tank info
All parameters are in normal ranges with calium, alk.,and magn. all on the higher side

Two clownfish, lawnmower blenny, coral banded shrimp, and around 15 frags of coral

I have a refugium with chaeto, run chemi pure blue, and a filter sponge

I have a smaller hydor wave maker, and a hipargero aqua knight 30w led

Thank you

Tangina20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I have a 25g cube that is a little over a year old. I purchased a rbta around the sixth month mark and it just kinda started to loose its color and size. It went from a few inches in diameter to about a inch in diameter. I believe it was caused from feeding because for a while I did not feed it because I was told on another forum that if I feed it, it would just outgrow my reef. So I didn’t and now it shrunk and lost most of its color. For the past week or two I have been feeding it everyday to try to swing it back, with not much result( feeding Mysis shrimp and regular raw shrimp). I am just wondering what could have caused this besides the feeding. Could it be my light? Although I know other people that have this light on rbtas.

Tank info
All parameters are in normal ranges with calium, alk.,and magn. all on the higher side

Two clownfish, lawnmower blenny, coral banded shrimp, and around 15 frags of coral

I have a refugium with chaeto, run chemi pure blue, and a filter sponge

I have a smaller hydor wave maker, and a hipargero aqua knight 30w led

Thank you
Try to not feed it they shrink up for a few days after a feeding.

OP
OP
C

Cube reefer25g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try to not feed it they shrink up for a few days after a feeding.
It shrunk when I wasn’t feeding it. It also lost most of color too. And the tentacles have struck to little stubs. The last couple weeks I have turned off the flow and started feeding it again.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i am unfamiliar with those...i ask because a healthy nem doesnt require food to live if the light is sufficient. I only suggest feeding when a nem has lost most of its zoos and cant make its own food.

OP
OP
C

Cube reefer25g

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok i am unfamiliar with those...i ask because a healthy nem doesnt require food to live if the light is sufficient. I only suggest feeding when a nem has lost most of its zoos and cant make its own food.
Can you recommend any lights that I could upgrade to have better health for the anemone and not super expensive.

Sharkbate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect Razr Nano on my Nem Nano ... works a treat ... older light now so you may pick one up second hand and well priced... keep up with feeding twice a week and you should see the tentacles extending further .. good luck

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check your salinity. Mine shrink up if salinity changes IE: ATO sticks on or alk swing

chadrab50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maxspect Razr Nano on my Nem Nano ... works a treat ... older light now so you may pick one up second hand and well priced... keep up with feeding twice a week and you should see the tentacles extending further .. good luck
I also have the Maxspect Razor on my IM10g with RBTA.... what are your settings at? My nems look “ok” but I feel the light settings are not quite right yes. Please share and I’d be forever in your debt. Thanks ahead of time!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back