Help reading RedSea Nitrate test.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to get a second opinion on the below nitrate test, personally I think it is around 400ppm?
image.jpg

Thanks,
Stan

14 foot reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be that guy, but I think you meant 40 not 400. And also not knowing your system, hard to help you on this.
Is it a predator tank ? Fish only ? Mixed reef, Softy tank, wall to wall Acro tank ?

Knowing this will help. If its an ACRO tank 40 or 50 doesn't matter ( They both are way too high )

Most success comes with under 10 nitrates.

If its predator tank you can probably get away with either 40 or 50 Nitrate.

Give some more background and tank set up info and the Gurus here will be able to guide you to success !!

OP
OP
Just a Wrasse.

Just a Wrasse.

The biggest wrasse fan.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d like to get a second opinion on the below nitrate test, personally I think it is around 400ppm?
image.jpg

Thanks,
Stan
image.jpg

Better
Not to be that guy, but I think you meant 40 not 400. And also not knowing your system, hard to help you on this.
Is it a predator tank ? Fish only ? Mixed reef, Softy tank, wall to wall Acro tank ?

Knowing this will help. If its an ACRO tank 40 or 50 doesn't matter ( They both are way too high )

Most success comes with under 10 nitrates.

If its predator tank you can probably get away with either 40 or 50 Nitrate.

Give some more background and tank set up info and the Gurus here will be able to guide you to success !!
Yes I meant 40. This is a quarantine tank, I’ve been keeping tanks for a good few years. I don’t trust my eyesight so I came to get a second opinion. Thanks!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back