Help-Redsea ATO+ Issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter spielco
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

spielco

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2023
Messages
236
Reaction score
159
Location
ohio
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got this installed and have am concerned on what is happening. Prior to the auto top off I was hand pouring in about a gallon or two a day to keep it in the return chamber where I wanted. Since yesterday I have used 10 gallons from the ATO reservoir!?!

The chamber is still set under the pins on the controller so nothing is over flowing? No leaks?? Where is the water all going!?

Next huge issue is the app is showing it’s only dispensing .67 gal in today’s run but my 5g container is empty! What am I doing wrong? Why is it not registering what it’s putting into the tank???

IMG_3814.png
 
Any luck on fixing? Mine worked/s out of the box. 10 gal is crazy. Did you enter correct length of tube and pump height? (Although I doubt that would be the culprit). I’d completely remove it and reinstall. Then it should give you a measurement from running it for a manual period - this would be a way to check how out of each things are. Then I’d update the flow rate under ‘more settings’

On my RS 525
IMG_7832.png
 
Any luck on fixing? Mine worked/s out of the box. 10 gal is crazy. Did you enter correct length of tube and pump height? (Although I doubt that would be the culprit). I’d completely remove it and reinstall. Then it should give you a measurement from running it for a manual period - this would be a way to check how out of each things are. Then I’d update the flow rate under ‘more settings’

On my RS 525
IMG_7832.png
So. Yes. I’m completely dim! It was my error the whole time. The siphon break I thought had a flop gate style valve in it to stop back feed not an air break… so me placing the siphon break outside of the reservoir was not a smart idea. The water was leaking out and meeting to a location back behind the aquarium that I couldn’t see… lesson learned

Since then it’s been working fantastic! Using around 1-1.5g a day which was expected.
 
WHOA.
So. Yes. I’m completely dim! It was my error the whole time. The siphon break I thought had a flop gate style valve in it to stop back feed not an air break… so me placing the siphon break outside of the reservoir was not a smart idea. The water was leaking out and meeting to a location back behind the aquarium that I couldn’t see… lesson learned

Since then it’s been working fantastic! Using around 1-1.5g a day which was expected.
WHOA. Yup, that would explain it alright. Crazy the impact such a small oversight can have. Hopefully no damage to anything!
 
I just got this installed and have am concerned on what is happening. Prior to the auto top off I was hand pouring in about a gallon or two a day to keep it in the return chamber where I wanted. Since yesterday I have used 10 gallons from the ATO reservoir!?!

The chamber is still set under the pins on the controller so nothing is over flowing? No leaks?? Where is the water all going!?

Next huge issue is the app is showing it’s only dispensing .67 gal in today’s run but my 5g container is empty! What am I doing wrong? Why is it not registering what it’s putting into the tank???

IMG_3814.png
Allow me to hijack your thread, pls.
Have you looked into or considered replacing the pump with a water solenoid valve stile (open/close)?
I assume if using the same DC (12v) the controller should be able to trigger both open and close from the sensor
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-08-30 152548.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-30 152548.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 74

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new