HELP - Returns and overflow(s) for a 96x30x24

dburt520

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2014
Messages
353
Reaction score
110
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking about a a new tank and am curious if anyone has information, or pictures of the overflows and returns in a tank of this size. I would prefer to stick with 1 inch returns (more flow, less "harsh" than coming out of a 3/4 loc line), but am curious what folks have done to make the 1 inch returns work.

Also looking for ideas on overflows - would like to keep it internal, but not sure if one large box is best, or two separate boxes? Obviously having to tune two different drains might be troublesome, but any experiences with this?

Thank yoi
 
Coast to coast overflow from modular marine and I would use 1 1/2 inch returns with no loc line just pvc Elbows or 3D printed screens over the return.
Here’s my 3d printed screen over my 1 1/4 return
6396DE3B-FEAA-45C6-AC50-B56AD0F4363B.jpeg
 
Coast to coast overflow from modular marine and I would use 1 1/2 inch returns with no loc line just pvc Elbows or 3D printed screens over the return.
Here’s my 3d printed screen over my 1 1/4 return
6396DE3B-FEAA-45C6-AC50-B56AD0F4363B.jpeg
Does a screen like that just diffuse the water as it comes back into the tank? I've never seen that on a return before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new