help save my nem and corals

Amoo

Professional Thread Derailer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker most of the answer can be found here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/help-anenome-split.322274/ Also explains now why the nem was acting weird. Something tells me this tank isn't fully cycled.

Looking back through your post history, you simply went too fast IMO. You cycled with 2 live fish, added a Nem almost immediately along with 2 tangs and two clowns and now everything is dying. Combine all this with bad test kits and yeah. This hobby will teach patience if nothing else.

Your only hope of saving that nem is water changes or move it to a different tank, especially considering your running Sumpless and just a cannister filter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NicLongman

NicLongman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, i figured all of this out over the last 6 days. Pretty much starting over....it will work this time . watch me :)

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@jsker most of the answer can be found here https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/help-anenome-split.322274/ Also explains now why the nem was acting weird. Something tells me this tank isn't fully cycled.

Looking back through your post history, you simply went too fast IMO. You cycled with 2 live fish, added a Nem almost immediately along with 2 tangs and two clowns and now everything is dying. Combine all this with bad test kits and yeah. This hobby will teach patience if nothing else.

Your only hope of saving that nem is water changes or move it to a different tank, especially considering your running Sumpless and just a cannister filter.
Thank you @Amoo

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yup, i figured all of this out over the last 6 days. Pretty much starting over....it will work this time . watch me :)
It took me about a year for me to get an anemone to survive;) . You are still 30 days way from adding fish:) . Take it slow this time, add one fish, wait a week, add another fish and wait again. Use he vitamins to help with the stress of adjustment, believe it or not the vitamins work.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take a deep breath. Reset and go slowly.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 47 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 161 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.5%
Back