HELP!! Something wrong with my Percula Class wn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Clownfish (Percula) seems to be lying on the sand, breathing heavily. No sign of anything and usually he is the tank bully. I have upped the flow for more oxygen but can y’all help me?

image.jpg image.jpg

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No ammonia or nitrite, nitrate around 20. Phosphate is low and I also have a blue lincktia or is surviving

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to pick her up with her and she swam away somewhat slowly then went back to the same place

sanno1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try Checking you SG salt level

and double-check your heater if it's not cracked.

Did anything change in the last 24hrs?

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My crappy hydroemeter doesn’t work. My crappy thermometer says it is 22.9 and nothing changed bedsides surface agigitation somewhat but EVERYTHING else is fine

OP
OP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was 40 for 6 weeks then 2 water changes (40%) and added the fish after those water changes

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Clownfish (Percula) seems to be lying on the sand, breathing heavily. No sign of anything and usually he is the tank bully. I have upped the flow for more oxygen but can y’all help me?

image.jpg image.jpg
that's wierd I would try to do a water change and see if that helps. also try and feed the tank some food and see if he eats. if the clown eats try just give it some time and turn down the flow a bit. best of luck

JACKS REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also it looks like the fish is stressed try to check if there is another fish that is bullying it. one of my favorite clowns in my tank was bullied to death by other fish. I know you said this fish is the tank bully which is very weird because usually the dominant fish in the system seem to thrive and love the environment there in. the clown definitely looks like its loosing color. if you are 100% scared the fish is going to die you Can take it to the lfs

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That percula looks to be in rough shape...

Were you able to confirm ammonia is 0 from a test? What test kits are you using?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 43 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 47 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 22.5%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.1%
Back