Help!!! SPS dying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefhaven
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
i checked the salinity again and it was at 1.028-1.029! is that why its causing the sps to be stressed and polyps retracted and rtning??? i did a water change last night and just rodi water. i keep having to re-calibrate the stupid refractometer. i will check salinity again when i get home from work. hopefully, thats the cause of the stress.
 
That's great that you found something off, hopefully that was the root cause. I tend to get salt creep, I think it is because I dose around 115 ml of mag daily, but it could be other causes. Anyway Because of this, I always siphon about a gallon extra during water changes. And replace that with fresh water. Seems to keep things in check.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new