Help stocking my new Red Sea Reefer 450

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Red Sea Reefer has been wet for 2 weeks now, just got the LR and corals finally moved over. Current fish are undergoing some treatment, but Im starting to think aboit stocking now. I've always been a fan of hardy and realatively inexpensive fish to ease the stress of adding new live stock. I dont really care about having rare or fish others dont have, as long as its pretty, and well behaved. Tank will be LPS, Leather dominant.

Dimensions 60x20x22

Right now I have
pair of clowns
heliocherus biocellatus wrasse.

I definitely want to add the following, but open for ideas after:
Kole Tang
FoxFace Lo
Bicolor or tailspot blenny

20180506_210609.jpg

wolfpackdl90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I couldn't keep a bleeny alive (couldn't get them to eat frozen, pellets, or flakes) until the bicolor. Love the personality and how it backs it's way into a rock crevice like someone backing up into a parking spot. Also, this one eats like the rest of my fish, so I should be good to go for awhile. However, I have heard the Midas blenny is awesome as well.

In regards to other fish, I would consider anthias as they school together and tend to bring out the the more shy and timid fish.

Also, adding another wrasse if they are compatible is another great additions.

OP
OP
Nburg's Reef

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Ecsenius blennies but haven't had one in a long time because i was SPS only for a while.

Is there a good 'primer' thread or article for anthias? I've never had them, but like that idea...

wolfpackdl90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 sets of anthias (3 lyretail and 3 carberryi) and they all get along very well, minus a little chasing here and there. They can be finicky eaters, but I have all of them eating frozen brine and algea pellets. They do have a high metabolism and should be fed multiple times a day. I'm not that good at that due to my work schedule so I usually feed heavy at night and everything has been great thus far. I will probably add an auto feeder now since I have them eating algea pellets.

Back