Help ! Tangs fighting

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is true what you’ve read, you can have success with a large amount of tangs but doing so requires a calculated systematic approach that includes a variety. Even then you’re bucking the norm. There are some tangs that are “food” insecure and hate seeing something that looks like and hunts like them. My experience in reefing is filled with missteps; each contains a valuable lesson that is humbly applied.

You don’t need a god complex to be successful in reefing but it will reveal what type of god you would be-

OP
OP
melhe

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Sorry this happened. I have quite a few tangs but only tried 2 of the same species once. I tried two yellows at once thinking the purple would be aggressive enough to keep the yellows busy but he ignored the yellows. Then one yellow turned on the other so I had to remove one. Typically as stated above odd numbers are usually better than even numbers unless introducing a pair of fish.

My bristle tooth is a convict tang and bothers no one. I did have a yellow eye kole once that was bit of a butt head
My two yellows are peaceful towards each other.they chased each other a little bit when they were 2inches size . Now they don’t bother each other at all .

I had yellow eye kole once too . White tail didn’t bother him at all . I don’t understand why this time so brutal . He literally killed his new mate in 24 hours

jmartin9019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not sure why you were stocking the way you were… I mean any article you see online says tangs will be aggressive towards each other.. I’d keep a look out for more aggression, especially with the purples once they reach sexual maturity. I have a feeling you aren’t done with fighting.

OP
OP
melhe

melhe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
Purples killed off each other already . Only one left . I stopped adding tangs . Even though they were tiny . They chased the weaker ones relantlessly. I moved the weaker one to smaller tank . Kind of too late . It was stressed out and refused to eat . Then died quickly

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back