Help! Tank dropped to 74 Degrees from 78

spacetime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2012
Messages
361
Reaction score
11
Location
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

So windows in my apt are being replaced. Turns out my heater couldn't keep up. The tank dropped to 74 degrees for a couple of hours. I just plugged in a second heater on my Reef Keeper (had 75, added 100) should I not get it back up to temp right away or keep it at 76 ect.
 
You should be fine.

I run my tank around 76 degrees year round.

I would raise the temperature slowly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new