Help! Thoughts on lighting %s

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zach99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Zach99

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2025
Messages
9
Reaction score
3
Location
Kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! I would like to get some thoughts on what %s I should run my pop bloom 90 lights on throughout the day. I have them installed on my 220 reef, but I am not happy with the way my tank looks. I am having decent Coral growth, but I am starting to deal with hair line algae/dinos and I would like to see more natural color of my fish at the same time. How can I get the best of both worlds?
 
If you are getting good coral growth, then the lights seem to be set correctly. My advice would be to leave those settings during the times you are not around the tank (work hours if you are away from home) and then adjust the light schedule to adjust to what you like when you are home and directly looking at your aquarium.

As for algae and dinos...yes they are light dependant, but those are more nutrient issues that you need to address and resolve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new