HELP! Tiger conche snail shell peeling off?

saltwaterswiftie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2023
Messages
54
Reaction score
16
Location
Michigan
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 problems but I am not sure if they are related so I am posting both of them here. I have a 55gal with 2 clownfish and inverts include blue legged and scarlet hermits, tiger conche snails, 1 turbo snail, 2 (now 1 rip) trochus snails and 2 bumblebee snails.

1. I have 6 tiger conche snails and one of them looks like his shell is peeling off. I have included a picture of him. It looks like his a piece of his shell over the stripes is missing and now is a white spot. I think it is peeling off because earlier I saw something that looked like the missing part of the shell but I did not take a picture and can no longer find it. Is there anything I can do for him?

2. I have seen this weird brownish/ dark orange circular thing floating around. I recently had a trochus snail die. He may have been murdered by crabs (or they just ate him post- death). The weird circle thing was near the dead snail so it may have something to do with that. I have a picture of it in the tank. It doesn't float but has moved around with the flow of the tank. Should I be concerned?

IMG_0439.jpeg IMG_0438.jpeg
 
Shell looks fine in the first image; at some point it will get encrusted with algae anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

The orange/brown disc thing is all that remains of your snail. It's not harmful in the slightest and you can either leave or remove it.
 
Shell looks fine in the first image; at some point it will get encrusted with algae anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

The orange/brown disc thing is all that remains of your snail. It's not harmful in the slightest and you can either leave or remove it.
Thank you!
 
I have had the shell lining peel off one of my conches after I got it. 2 years later he is still fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new