Help to id this snail (is it reef safe )

Fishy Fish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2023
Messages
75
Reaction score
49
Location
Malaysia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found it while doing some rescaping rocks

IMG20240824132227.jpg IMG20240824131314.jpg IMG20240824132222.jpg
 
Found it while doing some rescaping rocks

IMG20240824132227.jpg IMG20240824131314.jpg IMG20240824132222.jpg
I don't know that I've seen one quite like this before - it almost looks like two snails of different species fused together. Any chance you could pull it out in a container of tank water and get some closer, clear pics of it under moderately bright white light?
 
Found it while doing some rescaping rocks

IMG20240824132227.jpg IMG20240824131314.jpg IMG20240824132222.jpg
Looks like a cerith snail. A better picture out of the water would help with identifying it. The white section is likely due to a calcium deficiency when it was developing.
 
I don't know that I've seen one quite like this before - it almost looks like two snails of different species fused together. Any chance you could pull it out in a container of tank water and get some closer, clear pics of it under moderately bright white light?
 

Attachments

  • IMG20240824133430.jpg
    IMG20240824133430.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 40
Yeah, it's possible it had a period of odd shell development, or that it's a species I don't recognize.
It's so small , as you can see the bristle worm beside it, I just get rid of it for safety measures
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new