Help to id

Soops746

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spotted this on my fish need your help and advise what is this on the fish.
fe9dc1f67a01f4a920e5c47b8e1f89dd.jpg

TheEngineer

Formerly icecool2
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely looks like uronema I agree. Do you have a Quarantine?

It could be bacterial as well. A wide spectrum treatment of Metroplex, Kanaplex, and Furan-2 would cover both uronema and bacterial infections. This would have to be done in QT.

OP
OP
S

Soops746

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a qarantine tank will try get one tomorrow but my tank now only have this fish only and one frag of green star polyp

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uronema. That’s easy. :)
I tend to disagree about the easy part.

Problem with uronema is if all fish are moved to QT then the DT has to be broken down and sterilized. Uronema will remain in the tank forever otherwise.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to disagree about the easy part.

Problem with uronema is if all fish are moved to QT then the DT has to be broken down and sterilized. Uronema will remain in the tank forever otherwise.

I wasn’t talking about the treatment. I was talking about the ID.

Uronema, IMO is the absolute worst to treat. Not only do you have to win the battle externally, but also internally.

I’ve never seen Uronema on anything other than a couple species. Although it could potentially target anybody. It’s mostly on Clowns and Chromis. So when I get those...the goal is to food soak and hit the gut. However, that’s a complete job in itself. Getting the fish to eat the food.

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn’t talking about the treatment. I was talking about the ID.

Uronema, IMO is the absolute worst to treat. Not only do you have to win the battle externally, but also internally.

I’ve never seen Uronema on anything other than a couple species. Although it could potentially target anybody. It’s mostly on Clowns and Chromis. So when I get those...the goal is to food soak and hit the gut. However, that’s a complete job in itself. Getting the fish to eat the food.
I agree, mostly only symptomatic in damsels, chromis, sometimes Anthias.

I also agree need to treat both internally and externally.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Too late fish is dead when I wake up this morning
Sorry for the loss. dont feel discouraged. This hobby isn't easy but you can bounce back from this. I never QT'd anything my first time trying this and experienced loss after loss. This time I promised myself I was going to do it right. I QT everything before it goes to my DT. I still lose fish in QT but don't spread those things to my healthy fish.

OP
OP
S

Soops746

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So need to water change or do anything with the water to clear the virus.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So need to water change or do anything with the water to clear the virus.
Completely sterilize the tank and start over. Live rock and sand will have to be sterilized and dried. Tank and all equipment will also have to be sterilized. Rebuild from scratch for this disease. Ich and velvet is so much easier as you just have to go fishless for 76 days. Be thankful you don't have much livestock or this would really be a nightmare!!

Get everything bleached and rinsed well then dried and start to cycle your tank again. Take this chance to change anything about your aquascape you didn't like and think strongly about setting up a QT for all additions going forward. A QT is worth its weight in gold.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could return it to the LFS but I would make sure they knew the circumstances so they could coral dip it before introducing back to their tank.

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or start that QT now and coral dip it before putting it in the new QT. Then it will be there for you when this bad dream is over.

Back